Why the King James Bible
- Promise of Preservation.
- Matt 24:35, Psalm 12:6,7
- It has to be somewhere or Jesus and David lied.
- Time of Publication.
- Of the 7 periods of church history, Philadelphia is credited with having “kept my word” by Jesus Christ.
- This Philadelphia church age corresponds to about the years 1500 to 1900.
- The King James Bible was finished in 1611.
- Correct Greek Text.
- Majority Support KJB. About 4000 for it, and a couple dozen against it.
- Collected in Syria. (Good connotation in NT.)
- Revival followed text through history.
- Patrick, Ulfilas, Waldensians, Luther, etc.
- Preeminent Place it gives Jesus Christ.
- I Tim 3:16: God manifest in the flesh.
- I John 5:7: The clearest verse on the Trinity.
- Phil 2:6: Christ is equal with God.
- Luke 2:33: Other versions call Joseph Christ’s father.
- Ability of Translators.
- Lancelot Andrews, William Bedwell, John Bois, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc.
- Use of Italics.
- Ps 16:8 and Acts 2:25 “he is” not in Hebrew but quoted by Peter.
- No Copyright. (I Tim 2:9)
- 32 Million books in Library of Congress. Only one was never copyrighted: KJB.
- Its Language.
- Words like: Propitiation, Hell, Study, Sodomite, Whoremonger, Filthy Lucre.
- Use of Thee and Thou.
*= Mine/Thine replace my/thy if the following word starts with a vowel or an “h”.
*= Nominative is the subject of a sentence. Ex: I see my dog.
*= Objective is the object of a sentence. Ex: My dog sees me.
*= Possessive shows possession. Ex: I see my dog.