Why the King James Bible is better than the originals
Jer 36 – Originals destroyed, but then God made copy that was better (vs. 32).
- It exists. (Ecc 9:4)
- Multiple copies. Only one original.
- All books together.
- No complete Greek Bible until after 200 AD. No Hebrew until 1599 AD.
- Universal Language.
- No one speak Koine Greek, so you’re at the mercy of lexicons.
- Spaces between words, punctuation, lower case.
- Originals written in scriptio continua. Ex: oppurtinityisnowhere.
- Chapters, Verse, Paragraphs.
- Chapters added in 1205 by Stephen Langton
- Verses added in OT by Rabbi Nathan Kalonymus in 1440.
- Verses added in NT by Robert Estienne (Stephanus) in 1551.
- Millions saved reading King James.
- Philadelphia church period given credit for having “kept my word” (Rev 3:8)
- This period typically dated from 1500-1900.
- Premillennial Order.
- Ex: 2 Chron (Jew told to go back to land-1917), Ezra (Jews actually return-1940s), Nehemiah (Jew rebuild in the land- 1950 to present), Esther (Gentile bride dumped for Jewish bride- happens at Rapture), Job (type of Tribulation), Psalm (chapter 2- the King comes).
Why God picked English
There must be a final authority. Deut 25:13-16
- Must be Protestant
- Spain and France had their chance.
- 1.2 Billion English speakers.
- 2 Billion by 2030.
- 50% of European Union, 85% of Israel.
- Must be connected to a King. (Ecc 8:4)
- Antichrist has mouth like lion. Lion connected to England. (Rev 13:2)
- England connected to absolutes.
- Time- Greenwich Mean Time.
- Location – Longitude measured from Prime meridian in Greenwich, UK.
- Miscellaneous language characteristics.
- No throaty sounds. Better for street preaching.
- Etc, etc, etc…